PCEA Kariobangi South Parish consists of the following pastoral staff:
1. Rev. George Wamani – The Parish Minister
2. Ev. Rebecca Wamwene – Evangelist
3. Kevin Chege – Youth Co-ordinator
4. Susan Thuku – Deaf Ministry Co-ordinator
5. Keziah Gichugu -The Children Co-ordinator
They all work hand in hand under the leadership and guidance of the Parish minister in taking care of the parishioners. Their main goal is to bring to Christ, people of all nations. They also offer pastoral counselling, visitations, mentorship among other responsibilities assigned to them including and not limited to :
THE PARISH MINISTER
- Shepherding the flock of the parish, presiding the administration of sacrament,
leading church worship, teaching and training in the faith, interceding for them and
declaring God’s mercy.
- Proclaiming God’s word to the Kariobangi South Parish community.
- Overseeing the parish session and the congregation in conforming with the
- Pastoring the flock while interpreting the word of God, offering leadership and
moderating the Parish session.
- Admitting church membership, baptizing, arranging for and conducting services of
public worship, administrating of holy communion, officiating marriages and
- Preparing teaching materials and conducting catechism classes
- Keeping records of confirmation, infant baptism, adult baptism and new believers.
- Maintaining the register of marriages, death and burials.
- Organizing for the approval by the Parish Minister the issuing and replacement of holy communion certificates and transfers.
- Coordinating the smooth running of the Youth service.
- Preparing Parish Youth programs for the different groups and departments.
- Mobilizing, equipping and training Parish youth volunteers.
- Aligning Parish Youth activities with the respective strategic plan.